My Fellow Singaporeans
This year we celebrate SG50, 50 years of nationhood. We do so as one united people, looking forward to a brighter future.
The PAP has walked this journey with you. Mr Lee Kuan Yew and the pioneer generation launched us on it. Mr Goh Chok Tong and a second generation took Singapore further forward. For the last decade, I have had the privilege and honour to lead Singapore.
My team and I have continued to walk with you. We have set a clear direction for our country, while responding to your concerns and aspirations. We have involved you in issues which concern us all, and distilled your views and feedback into policies and programmes. Through Our Singapore Conversation and other channels, we connect directly with many groups and individuals, and feel the pulse of the nation.
We did not avoid tough problems. In the Global Financial Crisis, we tightened our belts and weathered the storm. We discussed population issues honestly and openly with you. Sometimes there is no ideal solution that will satisfy everyone. But when deciding what to do, we always do what we believe would best take care of Singaporeans and advance your interests.
The PAP has worked for you. In this term of Government, we :
- launched 100,000 flats, equivalent to two Ang Mo Kio towns
- expanded bus and train networks
- created many jobs and grew wages for all income groups
- introduced GST Vouchers, Progressive Wages and enhanced Workfare to help low wage workers
- honoured our Pioneer Generation and introduced Silver Support for seniors
- created MediShield LIFE to reduce worries about medical expenses
- introduced more flexible CPF Life to suit the different circumstances of retirees
- provided more affordable and accessible preschools, schools nurturing different interests and talents, and new pathways to a polytechnic and university education.
In all this, we build on many years of work by PAP governments, starting long before the last elections. In this election, Singaporeans have to decide what future we want – for ourselves, for our children and for our homeland Singapore.
We have many plans and ideas to build a good future for all Singaporeans. SkillsFuture means you will always have opportunities to learn and upgrade yourself, whatever your stage of life. We are rejuvenating old estates, connecting up parks and waterbodies, redeveloping whole areas like Changi Airport and Paya Lebar Airbase, the Southern Coastal City, and Jurong Lake District. Singapore will always be a shining red dot and our home.
There will surely be challenges ahead. We need committed, capable and resolute leaders to tackle them, and work with Singaporeans for a brighter tomorrow. I am building such a team, one which will do our utmost to serve you. My team needs your support, and your mandate.
Together, the PAP and the people of Singapore built this nation. The PAP is with you, for you, and for Singapore. Please vote for me and my PAP team, so that we can keep improving Singaporeans’ lives and make our plans and dreams come true.