Building a Strong and Resilient Society Together
Covid-19 has highlighted new social gaps, but also brought out the best in us and shown our Singaporean heart. We will strengthen our social compact.
- build a strong, caring united community where no one is left behind and all can progress together
- build resilience, enhance social mobility and tackle inequality
- help those who fall down to get up stronger.
We will strengthen and support our social service agencies:
- with increased funding and matching of donations
- by helping them transform their operations and service delivery
- improve our social safety nets to provide sustainable support
- partner citizens and organisations to help those in need
- build communities of care in every town through the SG Cares network and connect needs to volunteers and resources
- make mental wellness a key focus
- foster digital inclusion and enable vulnerable groups to reach support and resources online
- build a multi-cultural, multi-religious society where unity in diversity is our strength
- support the aspirations of our people in arts, culture and sports
To combat Covid-19, we have injected almost $100 billion through four Budgets, using current surpluses and past reserves to support Singaporeans through this crisis and prepare for the future. We will make this count.
- use the money to catalyse growth and returns for Singaporeans and Singapore
- continue to exercise financial prudence, and replenish our reserves when we are able to do so
- safeguard the future for our children and generations to come, as the Pioneer and Merdeka generations did for us