The PAP Government will ensure that no Singaporean is left behind.
The Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) will review and strengthen social safety nets to ensure that “no Singaporean is left behind” amid the COVID-19 pandemic and its subsequent economic impact, said Minister for Social and Family Development Masagos Zulkifli.
In MSF’s Addendum to the President’s Address, Mr Masagos stressed that his ministry will continue to work with other agencies and community partners to strengthen social support for Singaporeans in need, including strengthening support for mental and family wellbeing as we brace for a global economic downturn.
The Ministry’s other plans include:
- Enhancing the delivery of social services
- Building an inclusive society by strengthening support for people with disabilities
- Enhancing the accessibility, affordability and quality for preschools
- Helping families through the Families for Life movement
- Strengthening preventive work with early-risk families
“MSF will continue our mission to nurture resilient individuals, strong families, and a caring society,” said Mr Masagos.
“When the government and the people work together in solidarity, we will be able to emerge stronger from this crisis.”